While an user is using the app to view information, we collect the
following anonymous information:
- Statistical data on the usage of the different views features of the
application, such as the number of times each view has been accessed
- Performance metrics, such as the time it takes to load and display
- Search terms and other data submitted by the user
The abovementioned information will be used for improving and optimizing
the application software and backend systems.
If the user explicitly chooses to upload and publish his position on the
aprs.fi service using the application:
- The application collects and uploads the user's real-time position to
- The position, along with additional information such as speed and
altitude, will be published to other users of the service and visitors
of the web site alike
- The position information will be stored on the website for a number of
years, unless the user chooses to delete the information, either using
the application or the web site's user interface
- The information is made available to other web services and
applications by the means of various Application Interfaces (APIs). Deleting
information from the aprs.fi service will not delete the information
from any other APRS services, which may still archive and republish the
information for any time.
Uploading position information is optional.
- Search terms and other service logs are stored for up to 3 years.
- Position data is stored for up to 3 years.
- Statistical, anonymous and numerical summary data may be stored for any
number of years.